Thursday, August 09, 2012


HAPPY 47TH BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE !

[above pic credits to chnanelnewsasia]


The 9th day of August 2012 , a joyous day for both Singapore and my 4th maternal uncle ! 

Headed to Quality Hotel Marlow located at 201 Balestier Road in the afternoon with my parents and DBB (my boyfriend) for my uncle's wedding lunch ! 

We then met up with my sister , brother-in-law , nephew and niece at the hotel .



When we arrived outside the restaurant , most of our relatives are already there ! 



My 二舅母 carrying my niece ! 



The wedding lunch was quite an experience for me as my 4th uncle is a vegetarian . Needless to say , the wedding lunch was held at a vegetarian restaurant .


and it is ...

Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant !


Instead of the standard wedding dinner kind where everybody sit round a table and wait for the food to be served, my uncle chose a buffet instead !



Look at the crowd inside the restaurant !


another corner


Food  Rounds!



Soups



Laska !



Vegetarian Chicken Rice ! 



Veggie-meat ? 



Chef replenishing the Dim Sum !



More food !



ChocoJelly



Jelly in a wine glass alike !



Cookies ! 



DBB took a back shot of my while I am helping myself with the food ! 
p.s. Are those frames on the wall slanted or DBB's holding the camera slanted ? :O



Cakes !



Vegetarian Sushi !



OHOH . Here's a picture of the vegetarian chicken rice . It tasted really really good ! 


I am amazed at the creativity of the chefs / vegetarian industry ! Vegetarian food are not just about veggies ! Many many different food can be created from vegetarian ingredients . Didn't have the chance to take photos of each and every single dish as there are too many available !

My uncle is in his 50s and we are all glad that he finally found his soulmate . :) 

Some group photos of my relatives .





I wish my uncle and my auntie-in-law the best of life today and in the days to come :)


No comments:

Post a Comment